Re: Re: GitHub “pull request” is proprietary, incomp atible with Git ‘request-pull’

On Tue, 2015-04-21 at 13:45 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Well, the git-send-email patchbomb workflow is pretty ugly too in many
> respects.  I can see why some people don't much like it. [1]

I began with git send-email, but the email client of the person in
question did not allow getting emails out in a form suitable for git am
so then I sent one mail with git format-patch output attached, that was
rejected in favour of github pull requests.

> Did you offer those Debian folks a git url they could fetch from ?

I hadn't yet, that is what I was going to try next. Based on comments
from the last discussion, I expect anything other than a github pull
request will be rejected.

> If a Debian team insisted that the only way they would consider my
> contribution is if I provided it via github, I would probably ask the
> DPL or someone to help mediate.

I don't think that would be appropriate and I don't want to antagonise
anyone more than I already did. It might be useful if there were Debian
folks who are github users who were willing to forward branches,
attached patches or patchbombs to github pull requests though.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise