Re: Re: GitHub “pull request” is proprietary, incomp atible with Git ‘request-pull’

Paul Wise writes ("Re: GitHub “pull request” is proprietary, incomp atible with Git ‘request-pull’"):
> Just an FYI, there are Debian folks who reject patches to Debian
> services that are sent via git send-email rather than github pull
> requests. Personally I am disappointed by this.

Well, the git-send-email patchbomb workflow is pretty ugly too in many
respects.  I can see why some people don't much like it. [1]

Did you offer those Debian folks a git url they could fetch from ?
That significantly reduces the friction (and doesn't fill their
mailbox with a to-them-unwanted patchbomb).

If a Debian team insisted that the only way they would consider my
contribution is if I provided it via github, I would probably ask the
DPL or someone to help mediate.

Ian.

[1] And I speak as someone who does use git's patchbomb workflow an
awful lot.  I also have a github account which I use for dealing with
upstreams who don't share my values.