Re: GitHub “pull request” is proprietary, incompatible with Git ‘request-pull’ (was: debian github organization ?)

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 12:13:32PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> To those of you who are willing to use github for Debian related
> things, it would be great if you could:
>
> Mirror the repositories to alioth so Debian has a backup.

I'd rather see it the other way around: advertise the alioth Git repo as
the main one (e.g., in Vcs-* fields), and mirror it to GitHub for people
who want to contribute via GitHub's pull requests.

> Also accept contributions via email or git request-pull.

AOL.

Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .