Re: GitHub “pull request” is useful and can be easily integrated'’

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 03:06:04PM +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015, at 02:09, Brian May wrote:
> > I have never actually used GitLab, so I can't actually comment on how
> > good it is...
>
> Perhaps you should, before you start suggesting thing based on
> GitLab... ;-)
>
> Anyway - GitLab is quite good these days and it has matured[1], but it's
> a typical Ruby project - impossible to package and constant updates.

That is the case for any non-trivial, relatively new, free software
project *in any technology* these days.

And yet, we will get there eventually. Diaspora¹ is almost done, and
GitLab will follow at some point.

¹ not the existing diaspora-installer package, an actual diaspora
  package with its dependency tree properly packaged.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>