Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez@igalia.com> writes:

> But I think that many sysadmins that are going to upgrade their servers
> from wheezy to jessie care about this.

Indeed.  I care very much about ensuring that systemd is installed on my
servers, as I think the benefits for servers are at least as substantial
than the benefits for desktops.

> I bet that not few of them would want to stick with sysvinit for jessie
> at least.

I would be stunned.  And I've talked about this with a fair number of
large-site systems administrators.

sysvinit is very, very old, and it shows.  systemd just solves a whole ton
of important problems that are quite interesting to servers.