Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

On 01/07/14 18:09, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jul 01, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez@igalia.com> wrote:
>
>> I think that a critical debconf warning should be in place to avoid
>> replacing the init system of users without prior explicit consent.
> I think that this would be an annoying waste of time for most users,
> since only a few people care so much about not being tainted by systemd.

Maybe desktops user don't care much about the init system as long as
they can boot to the desktop.

But I think that many sysadmins that are going to upgrade their servers
from wheezy to jessie care about this. I bet that not few of them would
want to stick with sysvinit for jessie at least.