Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

On 2014-07-01, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez@igalia.com> wrote:
> Maybe desktops user don't care much about the init system as long as
> they can boot to the desktop.

They care as long as everything works. And for "everything works" to
keep on happening, we need a effective migration to systemd, or a army
of developers to ensure everything keeps working. I still fail to see
that army.
(for example, with the newest upower and !systemd, the kde plasma
desktop won't allow you to reboot/suspend/... the system. Having someone
investigating it would be nice)

> But I think that many sysadmins that are going to upgrade their servers
> from wheezy to jessie care about this. I bet that not few of them would
> want to stick with sysvinit for jessie at least.

The server sysadmins who cares about this reads release notes.

Please. Let's keep it working for everyone. Systemd now.

/Sune