Re: Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

>> I think that this would be an annoying waste of time for most users,
>> since only a few people care so much about not being tainted by systemd
>

> I do not care being tainted by systemd when it works. Actually on two very
> different machines it means no audio for me.
>
> On a NAS it means no boot(probably because of RAID10 fs in /etc/fstab), so I
> reverted it on all machines
>
> Bug for pulse is open for a while but so far no change.
>
> and BTW, rtkit does not work with systemd208, udsiks2 depends on
> libpam-systemd,   and systemd-shim is incompatible with systemd-shim meaning
> usb key hotplus is now unavailable and rtkit also.
>
> I think that as long as the transition is not smooth, whithout any religious
> conveiction, people will complain. For me, the forced transition was
> introduced too early
These are valid points, and thank you for reporting bugs! However, as
unstable user, some breakage can be expected, and the point for
transitioning early in unstable is to make the transition as smooth as
possible when someone uprades Debian stable, which is not affected by
init-system changes at all.
So I think the transition was just at the right time to create a great
Jessie release.
Cheers,
    Matthias