Re: DE features dependent on Systemd

Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> wrote:
        > We support non-systemd-as-pid-1 configurations, but they still run
        > logind through systemd-shim.

        systemd-shim is not essential.  You can still install jessie without
        systemd, and hence without running logind.

This is completely off-topic.

We are talking about the anti-feature of adding UID=1000 to the audio
group in the installer. This is only relevant for desktop installations,
and all desktop tasks in the same installer bring logind (formerly
consolekit).

If you configure, by hand, a headless machine or a X session started
with startx, I’m pretty sure you can also use adduser on your own.

--
Joss