Re: DE features dependent on Systemd

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> wrote:
>         > We support non-systemd-as-pid-1 configurations, but they still run
>         > logind through systemd-shim.
>
>         systemd-shim is not essential.  You can still install jessie without
>         systemd, and hence without running logind.
>
> This is completely off-topic.

Yes, but you should expect being corrected when your off-topic posts are
wrong.

> We are talking about the anti-feature of adding UID=1000 to the audio
> group in the installer.

Are we?  I was talking about making audio work for the first-user.  I
see that as a feature.  So we disagree.  That's fine.  Can we discuss
facts instead of opinions?

> This is only relevant for desktop installations,

That's narrow minded.

Audio does work and is relevant for non-desktop installations. Making
audio support depend on some DE is definitely a regression.

Bjørn