Re: DE features dependent on Systemd

[…]

 > We are talking about the anti-feature of adding UID=1000 to the audio
 > group in the installer.  This is only relevant for desktop
 > installations, and all desktop tasks in the same installer bring
 > logind (formerly consolekit).

	BTW, what about adding that same user to the ‘sudo’ group (which
	D-I does; or formerly did, IIRC)?  Does Logind also take care of
	that part nowadays?

 > If you configure, by hand, a headless machine or a X session started
 > with startx, I’m pretty sure you can also use adduser on your own.

	(I guess this means that I should check if the current D-I
	supports the likes of an Openbox/XDM-based destkop install?…)

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A