Re: systemd breaking display manager - no way to force?

On Vi, 21 nov 14, 09:45:51, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> so here we are, after the freeze, and systemd stubbornly rejects
> to start lightdm, my default display manager, and in turn tries
> to start lxdm, which does not work because it is not selected as
> default display manager. (Bug reported to systemd already)
>
> Is there *any* way to *force* systemd to start lightdm ...?

I have a hunch the bug is actually in lxdm (specifically the service
file). It should be simple to verify:

- purge lxdm (remove might do it as well, but just for good measure)
- reconfigure lightdm (to make sure display-manager.service symlink
  points to lightdm.service)

Kind regards,
Andrei