systemd breaking display manager - no way to force?

Hi everyone,

so here we are, after the freeze, and systemd stubbornly rejects
to start lightdm, my default display manager, and in turn tries
to start lxdm, which does not work because it is not selected as
default display manager. (Bug reported to systemd already)

Is there *any* way to *force* systemd to start lightdm ...?

I mean, in good old days, well, it was easy, ... now ... systemd
just tells me
	Loaded: error (Reason: File exists)
(btw, thanks for telling me *which* file ...)

man page of systemctl does not help

SO we are not supposed to force start something where *I* know it
is ok to start ...???

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13