Re: Pre-Depends: init-system-helpers

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014, at 10:25, Simon McVittie wrote:
> We already have a way to disable services, which knows about sysvinit,
> systemd and Upstart despite its unfortunate name (update-rc.d).

Perhaps we could provide an alternative name to this: f.e.
init-maintscript-helper would reflect the intended usage from maintainer
scripts? (As we have dpkg-m-h, php5-m-h, apache2-m-h...). And slowly
migrate the scripts to use new name, e.g. lintian warning for jessie+1.

Cheers,
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
Knot DNS (https://www.knot-dns.cz/) – a high-performance DNS server