Re: Being part of a community and behaving

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 09:23:31PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> > I have just noticed your blog post on planet.debian.org:
> > https://np237.livejournal.com/34598.html
>
> You lack any sense of humor, really!
>
> Although I am a strong opponent of systemd, I had to laugh out loud
> on that one, actually love it.
>
> Sad to see people like you that are complete bare of any
> acceptance for ironic, sarcastic humor.

There are 2 parts of it. Its fun - but you can read between the lines.

I meanwhile see the systemd issue as a social problem within debian. There are
design issues which are REALLY controversial. In the past Debian did good by
delaying adoption of controversial technical issues e.g. devfs and waited in a
conservative way until dust settled and there was roughly a consensus.
Sometimes this lead to better approaches to see the light e.g. udev.

This has changed - Debian has changed.

It seems we need to rush in all interesting stuff without looking forward past
some months - Today systemd might be THE solution to some peoples problems. Is it
tomorrow? I doubt it.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f@zz.de