Re: Being part of a community and behaving

On 15-11-2014 14:37, Raphaël Halimi wrote:
<snip>
I think Florian really has a point: Debian has changed. I use Debian
since Slink and I can confidently say that there was a time when such
software would never have reached stable, let alone become the default.
In those days, we would have waited for the RHEL admins to do the
beta-testing in production environments (which excludes toys like Fedora
or Arch or whatever distro that "use systemd for several years now
without any hassle") before adopting this bloatware as the default init
system.

Those comments is exactly what I'm thinking for the last two weeks or so.

Systemd project used distro's as a testbed and that will be fine if debian didn't join the "fun" but choosed to leave systemd in sid for as long as it proved to be stable enough and at the same time implemented a alternative path to replace it.

Regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis