Re: Being part of a community and behaving

    Patrick> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 11:06:08PM +0100, Matthias Klumpp wrote:

    Patrick> I did not ask for evangelization about how wonderful binary
    Patrick> logs are, nor for a lesson on how to get the info out of
    Patrick> systemd with the systemctl command.

    Patrick> I am glad you like them and they work for you.  For me they
    Patrick> add another level of obfuscation, a speed bump and a
    Patrick> potential point of failure.  All of which are
    Patrick> grep <term> <logfile> -- all worked well and continue to do
    Patrick> so for my text file logs.  Awk, emacs, vi, all work on them
    Patrick> too.  My log management tools all expect my old plain text
    Patrick> formatted logs.

I'm confused.  Are you saying that cat <logfile> isn't working for you
with systemd on jessie?
I'm honestly asking for information here.
As best I can tell on my system everything that gets logged gets logged
to text log files.
Some of it also gets logged to the journal.

--Sam