Re: piece of mind

[Sorry for slow response, testing this on one's main machine requires
dropping too much state...]  I should have CCed the bug earlier, doing this
now.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 08:37:04PM -0700, Cameron Norman wrote:
> > * the Utopia stack (restart, shutdown, suspend, hibernate, mounting USB
> >   drives, etc from GUI (with low-level tools like pm-utils working)).
> >   This is supposed to be handled by systemd-shim which doesn't currently
> >   work for me, but some folks report it being ok.
>
> What versions (of shim and cgmgr) did you try it with? I thought these
> types of issues were fixed in Sid :/

I just retested, with current unstable (ie, 8-3 and 0.33-2).  Same results
as week ago (when shim was uploaded):

On lightdm screen, reboot/shutdown/etc are grayed out.
As a logged-in user:
* suspend/hibernate are _not_ grayed out (as they were some time ago), but
  show an error: "Failed to suspend session
  GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Permission denied"
* reboot/shutdown log me out instead, back to lightdm
I forgot to check mounting USB drives this time.

On the other hand, on a semi-fresh virtual machine (d-i beta 1), shim 8-3
started to work correctly.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple