Re: dgit and upstream git repos [and 1 more messages]

On 9 October 2014 17:24, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Dimitri John Ledkov writes ("Re: dgit and upstream git repos"):
>> On 9 October 2014 15:38, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> > If I can feed a .pc-less source tree to dpkg-source -b and get
>> > roughtly the right output then that would obviously be a big
>> > improvement.
>>
>> $ apt-get source sword
>> $ cd sword-*
>> $ rm -rf .pc
>> # a tree with up-to-date debian/patches, all patches are applied (as
>> e.g. git-dpm does), .pc directory is gone
>> $ dpkg-source -b .
>> $ echo $?
>> 0
>
> However,
>
>    $ apt-get source sword
>    $ cd sword-*
>    $ rm -rf .pc
>    $ echo 'some stupid change' >>AUTHORS

Invalid transition. dgit/git-dpm would error out that tree does not
match HEAD commit.
but none the less

>    $ dpkg-source -b .
>      [error message about uncommitted changes]
>    $ dpkg-source --commit
>      [add commit message]
>      [hideous pile of crap from attempting to reapply all patches]
>    $8
>
> The question is this, then: given the result of the first four steps2
> above, how to produce a correct source package ?

I believe/assert:
(a) dpkg-source --commit should work in this case
(b) may or may not need extra help with --no-preparation,
--unapply-patches, --auto-commit, --abort-on-upstream-changes

I'll experiment more when i have more time to dig into this. Not gonna
burn the midnight oil over this.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.