dgit and upstream git repos

Hello,

I gave my first try to dgit.

This is my scenario: I'm the upstream developer, I have an existing git
repo with all the project history, and I'd like to be able to git push
to debian using dgit.

I ran "dgit fetch", I ran "git checkout -b dgit/sid dgit/dgit/sid" and
all was fine.

When I had my new upstream version ready, however, and tried to merge it
into the dgit branch, I realised that my development branch did not
contain ./configure, Makefile.in and other autogenerated stuff, while
the dgit branch of course did.

If anyone is working in a similar scenario and has a handy workflow
with dgit, can you please tell me how you do things?

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>