Re: dgit and upstream git repos [and 1 more messages]

Dimitri John Ledkov writes ("Re: dgit and upstream git repos"):
> On 9 October 2014 15:38, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> > If I can feed a .pc-less source tree to dpkg-source -b and get
> > roughtly the right output then that would obviously be a big
> > improvement.
>
> $ apt-get source sword
> $ cd sword-*
> $ rm -rf .pc
> # a tree with up-to-date debian/patches, all patches are applied (as
> e.g. git-dpm does), .pc directory is gone
> $ dpkg-source -b .
> $ echo $?
> 0

However,

   $ apt-get source sword
   $ cd sword-*
   $ rm -rf .pc
   $ echo 'some stupid change' >>AUTHORS
   $ dpkg-source -b .
     [error message about uncommitted changes]
   $ dpkg-source --commit
     [add commit message]
     [hideous pile of crap from attempting to reapply all patches]
   $

The question is this, then: given the result of the first four steps
above, how to produce a correct source package ?

Ian.