Re: dgit and upstream git repos

On 8 October 2014 12:50, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Russ Allbery writes ("Re: dgit and upstream git repos"):
>> Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> (There is a problem with dgit and .pc/ which I am hoping to fix with a
> (perhaps-incompatible) change RSN, but that's not related.)

Sounds intriguing, can you please share design / intentions there?
git-dpm currently generates debian/patches/* with patches against the
tree applied but without generating/storing .pc directory.
And surprisingly dpkg-source works fine with that. Thus maybe the dgit
sanity check can be adjusted to insure there is no diff between
unpacked source package & git tree, sans .pc ? Because at the moment
for example: quilt push -a, generates .timestamp files (which
dpkg-source does not), hence `git add .pc; git commit -a -m "quilt
spew"; dgit build -S` bombs out asking one to delete .timestamp files
from the git tree.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.