Re: Can a leaf package require SSE2 on i386?

On 2014-09-17 15:47, Sébastien Villemot wrote:
Concerning the buildd, I now realize that the package really needs SSE2
support at build time. The reason is that, Julia being a JIT-compiler,
it is run at build time to create the binary image of its standard
library. I'll see if that creates problems on the i386 buildds.

buildds need to be 64bit-compatible anyway for multilib reasons, it will not cause problems, as all 64bit chips have SSE2 support.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern