Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories

On 26 August 2014 16:12, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@golden-gryphon.com> wrote:
http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/Serializing_Git_Branches.pdf has a demonstration of the differences in history given an upstream and two feature branches with two commits each, using git-dpm and git-debcherry.

Interesting review.

However, I think there might be some errors.

I don't think you should use normally be feature branches with git-dpm. Rather you edit the commit directly (whether by rebase or --amend).

Also I think there is an error in the way you have done the git-dpm, e.g. when committing B21, you have added to the existing B12 patch instead of replacing it. Similarly when adding A31, you haven't replaced A11.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>