Re: bits from the DPL -- mid-April to mid-August 2014

Hi,

Santiago Vila:
> To me, it's sad to see that we seem to be officially endorsing Bitcoin
> without any debate at all. If we accept Bitcoin, we should probably
> accept competing so-called-cryptocurrencies as well. Should Debian
> favour one cryptocurrency over the others?

No, but it's the most widely used one, and setting up eWallets for yet
another cryptocurrency is a hassle.

In any case, I'm in favor of accepting Bitcoins (and whatever else
somebody can be bothered to set up a donation address for) – but for
our purposes they should be considered a fancy way to exchange money,
not money or something else "valuable" in and of themselves, and
converted to $/€ as soon as we get them.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs