Re: all modern desktops need systemd, either send patches or life with it (Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing)

Le mercredi 23 juillet 2014 à 16:12 -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> Someone with more detailed desktop knowledge should read this over and
> correct it as necessary.  This is just my understanding of what's going
> on, and I don't work with the software in question and could be wrong in
> some details.

This is overall accurate except for:

> However, PolicyKit has basically been orphaned upstream, replaced by the
> rewritten polkit, and I believe polkit depends on logind to provide core
> functionality around knowing what users are on console.

polkit = PolicyKit
It’s just that PolicyKit used to rely on ConsoleKit to obtain the
information about who is logged on the system. Now that ConsoleKit is
orphaned, the only available information is provided by systemd-logind.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :