Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

On 13626 March 1977, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jul 2014, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> And should we open the archive for a series of "i hate $tool, i never
>> want it" packages, where do we stop? In theory we could end up with a
>> load of them.
> Joerg, please be reasonable.

I entirely am, and thats why such a hate package won't bypass me, unless
there is one of
 a CTTE decision,
 a GR forcing me, or
 the ftp team overruling me.

> Why do you state such things despite the fact that you are well
> aware that systemd is different from all the others? The only
> explanation is that you don't want people to keep systemd out.

I wan't people to have the best system possible. Debian, via its CTTE
way[1], has settled on going the way to systemd. It is entirely insane to
add anti-systemd packages to the archive, especially as simple pinning
from a local admin has way better effects, should they want to keep it
out. Should people want to keep it out of their system they are free to
do so, but any kind of no-* package is an abuse of the archive.

--
bye, Joerg
God can’t be everywhere, right?