Re: OpenRC status (was: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian)

El Wed, 4 de Jun 2014 a las 11:47 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> escribió:
On 06/04/2014 02:50 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
All I've tested so far is inside my test vm, where it works fine. I'd love to have it on my work laptop, if I just had a replacement for policykit.
There's nobody currently working on a policykit / logind replacement. This is IMO out of the scope of an init system and should be a separated project.

Are you sure you want to replace polkit? Seems like more work than necessary...

Anyway, I know Ryan Lortie (GNOME dev) was interested in defining what parts of logind GNOME would use by writing a library that only made calls to specific dbus methods and properties[1]. Perhaps if we do find somebody knowledgeable on the topic and/or interested in reimplementing logind they can give their input as to what is fine and what is more difficult to reimplement.

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/desrt/2014/02/19/on-portability/ (towards the end)

Best regards,
--
Cameron