Re: Guile language support in make

On Wed, May 14 2014, Ian Jackson wrote:

>>         I know I can't do that until Jess is released and dpkg 1.17.2 is
>>  in stable.
>
> Is it acceptable to put off providing a guile-enabled make.deb until
> jessie+1 ?

        Talking to various people I was convinced I was overthinking
 this, and as long as there were separate packages for guile, adding
 build profiles to the package as needed would not be a  blocker.

> If not then perhaps you could make two source packages and a script to
> turn one into the other.  You could even leave the guileish version
> for someone else to build.

        That would not have been a problem: just adding guile-2.0-dev
 to the installed packages list used to build a guile enabled make (and
 this was reported as a bug as well :-)

        However, the cirrent status is that the make-dfsg source package
 builds both make and make-guile; currently without build profiles, and
 once jessie is out I shall add build profiles to the control file. In
 the meanwhile, of anyone is bootstrapping, and needs help,  I would be
 happy to be of assistance.

        manoj
--
"We're the weirdest monkeys ever." Karl Lehenbauer
4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20  05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C