Re: Guile language support in make

Manoj Srivastava writes ("Re: Guile language support in make"):
>         Well, I was thinking of build profiles for that.

(Lesson for me: read the whole thread first.)

>         I know I can't do that until Jess is released and dpkg 1.17.2 is
>  in stable.

Is it acceptable to put off providing a guile-enabled make.deb until
jessie+1 ?

If not then perhaps you could make two source packages and a script to
turn one into the other.  You could even leave the guileish version
for someone else to build.

(It's a shame that the dpkg developers didn't adopt my suggestion of
[ ] for build-profiles, because that would have been
backward-compatible with old tools.)

Ian.