Re: Guile language support in make

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 13:20:32 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> (It's a shame that the dpkg developers didn't adopt my suggestion of
> [ ] for build-profiles, because that would have been
> backward-compatible with old tools.)

One of the reasons [0] it was not adopted was precisely because it is
not backward-compatible. Try this on a wheezy system for example:

  $ dpkg-checkbuilddeps -d 'unknown [any] [!profile.unset]'; echo $?

the Dpkg::Deps code will parse that as a 'any] [!profile.unset' arch
restriction, other tools might react differently to that.

Though, we took note of your namespace proposal and integrated that in.

[0] <https://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2013/08/msg00011.html>

Thanks,
Guillem