Re: systemd-fsck?

On Fri, 9 May 2014, Andrew Shadura wrote:

> On 9 May 2014 14:32, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
> >> Well, I've not been asked if I wanted to switch to systemd based boot
> >> when upgrading. I think this is a bug in init system choice and should
> >> be reported.

ACK.

I noticed this because I have a package “systemd-must-die” which
Conflicts with everything with systemd in its name, except those
libs everyone seems to have been using for a while already.

In my specific case, some *kit (policykit?) was “held back” by
apt-get dist-upgrade, because it introduced a Depends on…

> >> ii  libpam-systemd:amd64                  204-10

… which I had prevented using systemd-must-die¹. But it was
safe to just apt-get purge that *kit package.

> >> ii  libsystemd-daemon0:amd64              204-10
> >> ii  libsystemd-id128-0:amd64              204-10
> >> ii  libsystemd-journal0:amd64             204-10
> >> ii  libsystemd-login0:amd64               204-10

Those are safe to keep.

> >> ii  systemd                               204-10
> >> ii  systemd-sysv                          204-10

You can purge them. Install sysvinit-core at the same time.

Another mistake you likely did is that, after the initial
installation, you did not add
	APT::Install-Recommends "0";
to /etc/apt/apt.conf, which is a must-have to be able to
run Debian without something unwanted being run all the time.

> > The default has changed and you chose to accept the defaults when you
> > upgraded.
>
> Changes to the default init system should not affect existing setups.

Strong ACK.

(I was very angry about the lenny → squeeze upgrade changing
GRUB 1 to GRUB 2 in-place, because on 95+% of our VMs at work
this meant them not coming up *at all* anymore. Luckily it was
possible to change sources.list to squeeze then install the
grub-legacy package, then going on with the upgrade normally,
at that time. I fully expect

ⓐ to not have to do this to avoid systemd on upgrades to jessie,

ⓑ to be able to choose to install a jessie system without systemd
  without having to resort to installing wheezy and upgrading;

but especially the first point.)

bye,
//mirabilos
① http://users.unixforge.de/~tglaser/debs/dists/etch/wtf/Pkgs/mirabilos-support/
  is where the systemd-must-die package currently resides, along with
  a couple more… strong suggestions.
--
«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends