Re: systemd-fsck?

On Fri, 9 May 2014 16:06:46 +0200
Thorsten Glaser <tg@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 May 2014, Andrew Shadura wrote:
>
> > Changes to the default init system should not affect existing
> > setups.
>
> Strong ACK.

That only happens when the default is at the Debian Installer / tasksel
level.

e.g. a change of default desktop for d-i only affects new d-i installs.

A change of default compiler version *regularly* affects any existing
setup which has build-essential installed and this is 100% correct.

Nobody wants their pbuilder / schroot build environments stuck on an
old version of the compiler - nor does anyone actually want to require
manual intervention to go from gcc-4.8 to gcc-4.9 - that's what we have
the gcc package.

Same is true for the default python interpreter or various other
default packages rather than "package selections" via tasksel or d-i.

--

Neil Williams