Re: systemd-fsck?

Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to install as little as possible of systemd stuff, and guess
> what happens: When booting one of the laptops boot starts with:
> systyemd-fsck <disks>

> Is systemd taking over everything?? How to reduce the number of
> systemd-* features.

It's a small wrapper around fsck that handles status reporting in a way
that works well with the journal and with systemd boot-time status
reporting and takes care of some dbus coordination and whatnot.  I believe
It's basically the equivalent of all the shell logic in checkroot.sh and
checkfs.sh.  In other words, well within the mandate for anything that
handles early boot, replacing shell scripts that were previously provided
by initscripts.

The actual fsck work is still done by the separate fsck binary, just like
it always has been.