Re: Non-source Javascript files in upstream source

 ❦  8 mai 2014 12:21 +1000, Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au> :

>> When I get some time to work on my packages and I see this:
>>  http://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/pkg-roundcube-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org.html#roundcube
>
> Yes, it's disheartening to see such files in a source distribution from
> upstream. Fortunately the solution isn't complex.

From the upstream point of view, people want to be able to install that
by just dropping the source files into the appropriate
directory. Upstream has already puts a lot of effort to accomodate us by
always providing a "GPL" version of the packages (without most of the
embedded copies).

>> Well, I say "Let's do something else, I'll have another look later".
>
> I am using <URL:https://wiki.debian.org/BenFinney/software/repack> for
> another package, to remove non-source JavaScript files from the Debian
> source package.
>
> I have now re-worked it for the ‘roundcube’ package and submitted it in
> patches for bug#736782.

Thanks for that. As pointed in the bug report, jQuery UI has been
modified by roundcube authors (I don't know exactly how, just putting
the same version from Debian introduced some bugs) and jstz.min.js has
no source. Just to say that this takes time not just because I am too
lazy.
--
/* Fuck me gently with a chainsaw... */
        2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace.c