Re: Non-source Javascript files in upstream source

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

> When I get some time to work on my packages and I see this:
>  http://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/pkg-roundcube-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org.html#roundcube

Yes, it's disheartening to see such files in a source distribution from
upstream. Fortunately the solution isn't complex.

> Well, I say "Let's do something else, I'll have another look later".

I am using <URL:https://wiki.debian.org/BenFinney/software/repack> for
another package, to remove non-source JavaScript files from the Debian
source package.

I have now re-worked it for the ‘roundcube’ package and submitted it in
patches for bug#736782.

--
 \     “Yesterday I parked my car in a tow-away zone. When I came back |
  `\                      the entire area was missing.” —Steven Wright |