Re: Non-source Javascript files in upstream source

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

>  ❦  8 mai 2014 12:21 +1000, Ben Finney <ben@benfinney.id.au> :
>
> > I am using <URL:https://wiki.debian.org/BenFinney/software/repack>
> > for another package, to remove non-source JavaScript files from the
> > Debian source package.
> >
> > I have now re-worked it for the ‘roundcube’ package and submitted it in
> > patches for bug#736782.
>
> Thanks for that.

You're welcome; I tried to make that program robust and easily-adapted
to most packages that need it. I hope it's useful to other package
maintainers.

> As pointed in the bug report, jQuery UI has been modified by roundcube
> authors (I don't know exactly how, just putting the same version from
> Debian introduced some bugs) and jstz.min.js has no source.

Okay. Those both sound like problems to be solved before the Debian
package source will meet the standard set by the ftpmaster team.

> Just to say that this takes time not just because I am too lazy.

Yes, for many packages, ensuring the source is distributed as entirely
free software does take time. I definitely sympathise with that.

--
 \           “The long-term solution to mountains of waste is not more |
  `\      landfill sites but fewer shopping centres.” —Clive Hamilton, |