Re: Non-source Javascript files in upstream source

 ❦  7 mai 2014 17:41 CEST, The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> :

> Specifically, it violates my (pre-this-thread) expectation of what it is
> that I get from 'apt-get source'. Prior to reading this thread, it would
> never have occurred to me to think that something obtained that way
> might not be actually part of the source (or source-documentation, et
> cetera) of the binary package; I would have looked at the source, seen
> the minified JS file, and expected that it would be used during the
> build or in the final "binary". If I needed to modify it, or to trace
> code flow through it for debugging purposes, I could have spent a fair
> amount of time and effort unnecessarily. I don't think I'm likely to be
> alone in this.

This is to be compared with the time spent by the maintainer to deal
with this problem by adding files or removing files from the source
package without affecting the resulting binary package. This may keep
some contributors away from Debian.

When I get some time to work on my packages and I see this:
 http://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/pkg-roundcube-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org.html#roundcube

Well, I say "Let's do something else, I'll have another look later".
--
Make input easy to prepare and output self-explanatory.