Re: Debian default desktop environment

On 04/07/2014 07:39 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Ah, BMC.  Now every computer comes with an extra full-fledged computer!
> The main computer is for your use, and the other computer is for the use
> of the attacker.

That's why we block the kvms in our firewall so they cannot be reached
from outside. I'm sorry, but when you have hundreds of servers in your
server room, there is no other way than using automatic deployment and
kvm over network.

We have one SGI Altix ICE 8200 system with 3 racks, 64 blades each
resulting in 192 servers which you are not installing manually
unless you want to lose your sanity.

And without a kvm, I'd have to run to the server room each time the
hardware crashes hard or similar problems.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz