Re: default messaging/VoIP client for Debian 8/Jessie

On 03/30/2014 10:33 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-03-30 at 22:09 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Apart maybe if you talk about your mum, which anyway wouldn't install
>
> Argument from sexism?

Don't you help your mum (which I except to know less about Debian than a
DD would)? Most people do. I don't see any sexism here.

>> To me, it looks a lot more logic
>> and probable that those who don't know just don't care about VoIP. Those
>> who need a VoIP client will have enough knowledge to choose.
> [...]
>
> And this sort of attitude is why Skype has won.

Skype won because it is a very good software that works well. Not
because it has been chosen by default by Linux distributions. If there
was something as good as skype in the free software world, we wouldn't
even have to bother: everyone would know about it and install it if it
wasn't there by default.

Thomas

P.S: Anyway, if it's technically possible to get Jitsi in by default, I
wouldn't oppose to that if others think it's the correct thing to do.