Re: default messaging/VoIP client for Debian 8/Jessie

Hi,

Thomas Goirand:
> P.S: I don't really care which client is the default, because I find the
> concept of default app bad in itself, and I think users should be given
> the choice, and it isn't the role of a distribution to choose for its
> users. However, if we *have* to have a default, probably Jitsi is a good
> choice.

Most new users don't know enough to choose. Worse, for almost any task
Debian has a heap of different packages whose description sounds like it'd
fit the requirements, but which actually does something else.

It's the difference between "give them a choice if they want to" and
"overwhelm them with choices".

--
-- Matthias Urlichs