Re: default messaging/VoIP client for Debian 8/Jessie

On 03/30/2014 05:04 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> ZRTP - peer to peer encryption, like PGP for VoIP.  Once again,
> it has been in Jitsi for ages but is not in Empathy[7]

To me, this is the most important feature of them all, and is IMO
mandatory nowadays. But do you know if Asterisk (or other VoIP servers)
are configured to accept such important feature by default?

On 03/30/2014 05:04 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>    JitMeet multi-party video conferencing solution[8] for WebRTC
>    browsers

You should remove the "s" at browsers. It only supports Chrome(ium).

By the way, do you know if it's easy to setup conference calls the way
there is with JitMeet / Hangout, but without a web browser, eg directly
on a VoIP software? Can Jitsi do that?

Cheers,

Thomas

P.S: I don't really care which client is the default, because I find the
concept of default app bad in itself, and I think users should be given
the choice, and it isn't the role of a distribution to choose for its
users. However, if we *have* to have a default, probably Jitsi is a good
choice.