Re: jquery debate with upstream

Joachim Breitner <nomeata <at> debian.org> writes:

> The minified file contains a copyright header, and the license is MIT,
> so I believe shipping jquery-1.11.0.min.js without query-1.11.0.js is

It’s legal, but it’s not allowed because it breaks the *promise* we
(Debian) do to our users/downstreams.

That’s what this is all about.

Needing proper licences and sources is not necessary to stay legal,
or to not get sued in court, but it’s a matter of a promise.

That’s the thing that led me to accept and understand precisely why
non-free firmware must be in non-free, in Debian.

And it’s worth a lot.

bye,
//mirabilos