Re: jquery debate with upstream

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Steve Langasek wrote:

> A PNG is not a program.

Depends on your definition of program. PNG files are programs that run
in a PNG decoder. ELF binaries aren't programs, they are just data
interpreted by CPUs.

> There is no source required for a PNG under DFSG #2

I disagree, I've always assumed the DFSG applied to all of Debian main
regardless of format.

> anyone who says otherwise is engaging in (or a victim of)
> historical revisionism.

I guess you are referring to the GR that clarified the Social Contract
to read "work" instead of "software".

https://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_003

--
bye,