Re: Bits from the Security Team

Le lundi, 10 mars 2014, 22.00:09 Christoph Biedl a écrit :
> > The problem is that there is no policy in place to make us support
> > oldstable-to-testing upgrades. If there's interest, that'd need to
> > be decided with a more firm policy than "encourage maintainers".
>
> Would you have preferred to read something "putting the burden onto
> the maintainers"?

Re-reading my statement again after hitting the send button made me
admit that I didn't express what I intended to…

I was trying to say that there is no policy currently in place to ensure
that skip-upgrades actually work, and at least one maintainer has
already started to cleanup pre-wheezy stuff from his packages [0].
People "encouraging maintainers not to gratuitously break skip-upgrades"
on debian-devel is by far not equivalent to a Release Team decision on
bug severity for a failure to skip-upgrade for example.

Cheers,
OdyX

[0] I'd be surprised to be the only one, who knows.