Re: Bits from the Security Team

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud writes ("Re: Bits from the Security Team"):
> I was trying to say that there is no policy currently in place to ensure
> that skip-upgrades actually work, and at least one maintainer has
> already started to cleanup pre-wheezy stuff from his packages [0].
> People "encouraging maintainers not to gratuitously break skip-upgrades"
> on debian-devel is by far not equivalent to a Release Team decision on
> bug severity for a failure to skip-upgrade for example.

We could start small, by putting the encouragement in the policy
manual rather than on -devel.

I don't think this needs to involve release team decisions on bug
severity, unless we want to go as far as declaring failure to support
a skip upgrade an RC bug (which I think is probably impractical right
now).

Ian.