Re: Bits from the Security Team

On 2014-03-10 17:32, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
Simon McVittie:
Ubuntu's Wikipedia page doesn't seem to think so. A direct upgrade
from squeeze to jessie would be of a similar magnitude.
Well, yes, except that I continue to hope that with a LTS release in our
archive the non-LTS releases would appear somewhat more often.

If not, I'd consider the exercise to be pointless, to be frank.

I'd still buy us releases where you don't need to upgrade one year after another release happened, which is relatively painful. For Ubuntu it's a new release after two years, and then you still enjoy three more years of support. (Of course for main only, which needs to be reiterated quite often.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern