Re: Bits from the Security Team

Hi,

> Skipping releases will not be possible/supported

Oh, it's certainly *possible*.

The question is, how painful an experience fixing the resulting problems
will be …

However, "LTS" releases should support upgrades from one LTS to the next.
That's kindof what I'd expect, and Ubuntu certainly shows that it's
possible.

Downloading a GByte of packages just to immediately drop them again does
not strike me like a good solution, even in these days of mostly-high
bandwidth 'net access; don't forget that a couple of our users don't have
that luxury.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs