Re: Upstart support for LSB headers (Two line init.d scripts? Sure, that will work!)

> Hi,
>
> Wouter Verhelst:
>> discussion. No, we should not depend on it for Debian; but we should
>> provide the interface for system administrators who wish to use it,
>> because it is not Debian's place to tell them that they cannot use that
>> interface.
>>
> It's not our place to tell people that they _cannot_ use it, but it's a
> good place to add a "consider writing a .service file if you start daemons
> here; read the XXX manpages to learn more".

Well, just my two cents: There are other (IMHO) legitmiate uses for rc.local
_except_ starting daemons. For example I (mis)use it to tweak flashcache
settings after booting is complete or on my Raspberry Pi (used DLNA media
renderer) to play a jingle to indicate "boot complete, you may now
interact"....