Re: FFmpeg vs. libav packaging (was Re: Proposal: SystemD.pushers/forcers, et cetera)

Hi Adrian,

Am Donnerstag, den 13.02.2014, 21:37 +0200 schrieb Adrian Bunk:
> Are you as Debian Multimedia Maintainer willing to discuss which option
> (libav, FFmpeg, some solution of shipping both) will be best for jessie
> based on the information that is available today?

Honestly, I don't think it is feasable to have both in Debian as long as
the libraries occupy the same name space[*]. But this is something that
has to get sorted out upstream before. And as long as both projects
believe they are "the real thing" I don't see that happen.

- Fabian

[*] E.g. libav{codec,format,whatever} vs. libff{codec,format,whatever}.